Sundays in April will be tournament days for Michigan online poker players as well as those in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, with millions of dollars in PokerStars prize pools.
In Michigan and New Jersey, poker players will be playing in what is called “shared liquidity”, meaning that players in those two states will be playing against each other with a combined prize pool.
In Pennsylvania, players will be playing only against other Pennsylvania-located players and the prize pools will be somewhat smaller.
The tournament in the Great Lakes State is from PokerStars Casino Michigan.
Michigan Part of Multistate Compact
The reason for the difference is that New Jersey and Michigan are part of a compact that allows for interstate participation in internet poker. However, so far, Pennsylvania has not signed onto the compact. Other states in the interstate compact are Nevada and Delaware, but the PokerStars tournaments are not available there.
The PokerStars tournament action kicked off Wednesday, when players could qualify for just $2 via special-edition Spin and Go to win a $200 Sunday Monster Seat.
The “Sunday Monster” is just one of the large prize pool events being offered in both the Shared Liquidity tournament at Michigan online casino apps and in the single-state Pennsylvania tournament.
Players in the Shared Liquidity Michigan-New Jersey player pool will be looking at a schedule of 10 tournaments that has been announced on the PokerStars calendar.
Guaranteed $1 Million Prize Pool on April 30
On April 30, there will be a guaranteed prize pool of $1 million up for the Shared Liquidity market, for which Michigan online casino players are eligible. There will be an additional $500,000 offered over a nine-tournament schedule in Pennsylvania for what is being called “Half Million Dollar Sunday.”
The Sunday tournaments start at 1 p.m. Eastern, with the $50 buy-in “Sunday Marathon,” which guarantees $25,000 for Shared Liquidity, and $15,000 in Pennsylvania.
The “Sunday Special” $200 buy-in Main Events get underway at 5 p.m. with a $500,000 guaranteed for the Shared Liquidity market and $250,000 in Pennsylvania.
The Sunday Monster events offer $10 buy-ins with opportunities to compete for large, guaranteed prize pools.
More Details For PokerStars Michigan Players
Here are some additional highlights of the Sunday poker program from PokerStars.
- Players in both the Shared Liquidity and Pennsylvania markets can earn their way into the Sunday Monster and Sunday Special through promotions exclusive to PokerStars.
- Spin and Go: Again, players can qualify for just $2 via special-edition Spin and Go to win a $200 Sunday Monster Seat
- All-In Shootouts: Players can win a seat to the Sunday Monster and the Sunday Special just for entering the All-in Shootout. Just register to be in with a chance to win.
- Depositor Freerolls: Deposit period starts on April 10, with the Depositor freeroll taking place on April 30. Deposit $50 using promo code “MILLION” and get a ticket to the depositor freeroll, with seats awarded to the Sunday Special and 100 guaranteed places getting seats.
Plus, new sign-ups receive a ticket to the Sunday Monster.
Sunday Poker Tournament Schedules
"We are thrilled to present these groundbreaking schedules to our valued players in Michigan, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania,” Severin Rasset, Managing Director of PokerStars in the United States, said in a news release. “We are guaranteeing a staggering $1 million in a single day to our shared liquidity players, a testament to the remarkable successes we have witnessed this year so far across the player pool."
More on the Sunday schedules:
- Million Dollar Sunday Marathon – 1 p.m., $50 buy-in, $25,000 GTD
- Million Dollar Sunday Warm Up – 3 p.m., $25 buy-in, $15,000 GTD
- Million Dollar Sunday Monster – 4:35 p.m., $10 buy-in, $100,000 GTD
- Million Dollar Sunday Special – 5 p.m., $200 buy-in, $500,000 GTD
- Million Dollar Sunday High Roller – 7 p.m., $1,000, $150,000 GTD