PokerStars is bringing its Winter Series Tournament to Michigan online poker players for the first time. It starts on Jan. 22 in Michigan.
Winter Series online poker events, which will also take place in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, will guarantee more than $2 million. Michigan will have a $650,000 guarantee, with Pennsylvania leading the way with $1 million guaranteed for its third Winter Series, according to a news release.
New Jersey will offer a $500,000 guarantee for its sixth edition of the Winter Series, the release said.
Players from each of the three states will have an opportunity to play in 42-44 events, the release said. There will also be several freezeout tournaments.
Buy-ins for all types of bankroll budgets ranging from $10 to $1,000 will be available, with Michigan averaging about $100. New Jersey is slightly more expensive, averaging about $121 per event, while Pennsylvania averages $108, the release said.
Michigan Winter Series Highlights
Other highlights of the Michigan online poker tournament include:
- New segmented depositor "FREEZEroll" offers.
- Michigan online poker players who deposit $30 or more are eligible to enter a FREEZEroll (single entry) for a chance to win a share of $2,000 in Winter Series tickets on Jan. 22 in Michigan.
- If Michigan players deposit $100 or more they can enter a FREEZEroll (single entry) for a chance to win a share of $10,000 in Winter Series tickets on Jan. 22.
- Daily $1,000 Second Chance Freerolls start on Jan. 23.
- There are High-Roller events for $500, plus $1,000 High Roller Freezeouts.
- $10 Freezeouts offered daily from Jan. 25-29 in Michigan.
- Main Events start Jan. 30 for two days, along with Mini Main Events
Online Poker Legal in Michigan
In addition to Michigan and the other two states with the Winter Series, online poker is legal in Nevada, Delaware and West Virginia. Michigan online casinos are also legal.
PokerStars, owned by Flutter Entertainment, will run the Winter Series in the three states simultaneously.
During December in Michigan and the other two states, PokerStars had a special “25 Days of Tournaments” that ran until Dec. 30. Each day had a surprise tournament for players in each state that wasn’t found on the regular tournament schedule.
In the fall, PokerStars offered a tournament called Fall Fest 50-50 in Michigan along with similar events in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The fall tournaments were from Nov. 20-29.