FanDuel will again be running its “Spread the Love” promotion. Michiganders will be able to take advantage of an inflated betting spread for the Detroit Pistons game against the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday, according to a news release.
For every 313 users who wager on the Pistons to cover the spread against the Lakers, FanDuel will add a full point to Detroit’s side of the line. As of now, the current spread is at +97.5 and still growing. Players can place a max wager of $50 at odds of -110 for the Pistons to cover.
No matter when a player places the bet, the wager will be graded on the final number the spread is settled on before tip.
This is the first time FanDuel has run the “Spread the Love” promotion in Michigan. In the last five instances, the hometown team has covered each time.
- Indiana Hoosiers moved to +118 vs Michigan State last February (basketball) (IN Only)
- 76ers point spread closed at +59.5 against the Bucks earlier this year (PA only)
- Denver Nuggets spread closed at +117 against the Clippers in August (CO only)
- The Los Angeles Lakers moved to +124 vs. the Rockets in September (IL Only)
- Vanderbilt Commodores moved to +86.5 vs. Kentucky (Football) in Nov. (Tenn Only)
FanDuel’s debut in Michigan
FanDuel released its opening weekend numbers from its launch in Michigan.
The sports betting company paid out more than $1.7 million to Michigan customers as part of their special odds boost wins over the weekend.
The NBA was the most popular market for new bettors on Friday, with 59% of FanDuel customers placing their first bets on the league’s games that night.
Here are the top four games that received the biggest handle on Saturday:
- Denver Nuggets vs. Phoenix Suns
- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Detroit Pistons
- Miami Heat vs. Brooklyn Nets
- Ohio State vs. Wisconsin
The top three events on Sunday came as no surprise. The NFC Championship between the Green Bay Packers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers was first, followed by the AFC Championship with the Buffalo Bills taking on the Kansas City Chiefs. Coming in third was the UFC 257 main event featuring Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor.